Saturday, February 19, 2011

Growing gills..


Just back from a very wet day at Sheringham Market. It has been a bitterly cold few days out on the markets of Norfolk, starting with Fakenham Market on Thursday. It didn't seem to matter how many layers I put on, the cold rushed straight through to my bones. At Diss market on Friday I developed a strategy of bouncing about the stall, hopping on one foot then the other and drinking copious amounts of tea.
This has two effects, one is odd looks from passers by and the other lots of visits to the loo.

It doesn't matter what flask I buy, it always ends up smashed eventually. The current one is doing well but it's not really big enough. It has been recommended that I buy a steel one from Morrisons, they don't have the inner ultra thin thermos lining that always seems to come a cropper as a booted foot kicks it over or it falls of the stool.

This cold weather means a constant hunger too. At the moment I'm not worrying too much about what I eat as I'm training to run the Race for Life but on Friday it has to be either chocolate cornflake cake for breakfast OR chocolate marshmallow cake. NOT both. (Although that does inadvertently happen on occasion.)

Spring is almost touchable now with evenings lightening a little longer every day. The birds sound very excitable as I leave in the morning which is also a good sign better days are to come. However the temperatures soar to 12 degrees one day and plummet to just a couple another, leaving it impossible for the body to regulate properly one way or the other. I can't wait until customers are complaining 'it's too hot' again, but it will surely come!

Visit the stall at Fakenham Auction Site Thursday, the blog is www.fakenhammarket.blogspot.com
Diss Market Friday (it's in the centre of the town, you can't miss it)
Sheringham Market Saturday (Wed from April - Oct)

No comments: